8) But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9)The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11) Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12) looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens dissolved, being on fire and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13) Nevertheless less we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
14) Therefore beloved, looking forward to these things be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.