2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago–whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know. God knows such one was caught up to the third heaven.
3) And I know such a man–whether in the body or out of the body I do not know. God knows–
4) how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
5) Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.
6) For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.
7) And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I exalted above measure.
8) Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it may depart from me.
9) And He said to me. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs , in persecution, in distresses for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(Scripture taken from the New King James Version 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.)