THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD
10) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11) Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand,
14) Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15) And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16) In addition to all of this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.
18) And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19) Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20) For which I am ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should,
Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.
Phyllis Weeks Rogers,
September 29, 2021