Worldviews dominate our era. The motto of the present time could be, “Everyone’s worldview is valid, only mine is valider.” The old glass-is-half-full/glass-is-half-empty metaphor seems like an effective way of “glassifying” some prominent worldviews.
- Optimism – The glass is ½ full.
- Pessimism – The glass is ½ empty.
- Darwin – The glass appeared at random and without cause. Survival of the thirstiest.
- Nietzche – The glass is dead!
- Freud – Women suffer from glass envy; men want to drink from their father’s glass.
- Roman Catholic – You must be sprinkled from the glass as a baby.
- Baptist – No! You must be fully immersed in the glass as an adult!
- Jewish – First you’ll have your glass-mitzvah, and then you’ll become a doctor.
- Hindu – You will be poured out over and over again until you realize the glass is an illusion. Oh, and the water at the bottom of…
View original post 240 more words